Thursday 7 April 2022

The ebb of time


Flower lone left at the grave

Gleam ivory a final time

And rest at last your weary head

Glow with pride for all you've tried.


Let your leaves shrivel and fall

Your petals brown from nooks and all

Powers unbeknownst mark your time,

Shine their mocking clocks of life.


Make heart not take

The same way as dearest did

Clock the peeks and ducks of sun,

Reverse them all for when I too have come.


Bring him back to me - I wish no more

Back to the grave I will go no more

What I had I'll mourn no more

Once you too leave,

Was and ifs I'll dwell no more.

Mine, dearest, you are no more.


The above poem is for the NaPoWriMo2022. Day 6. The prompt is from @literarychills prompts for NaPoWriMo2022 - a song I cannot get out of my head and an acrostic poem.


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I can't believe you chose the song from Tangled for this prompt. SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading the comment about Tangled this poem just became so much more deeper 😦❤️

    ReplyDelete